Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Too good to pass up.. Noble M400 vs Ferrari Enzo

Sometimes an opportunity comes along that you have to jump at...


5:25 am
We have a chance to track against an Enzo on Wednesday.
It was very last minute and my car is with Grapeman 6 hours from here. It's estimated 9 hours to the track from his house.
I guess I can make the event if I non-stop drive. My ETA to the hotel is midnight, pending I leave within a few hours.

My car isn't prepped and just came off the track. Oh well, wish me luck!!!!

Here goes.....





6:30 am
Once the shop opens up, my crew will handle all of the logistics, I just have to get my car and to the track. 

I'll keep everyone posted throughout the day.

Ok, it's 6:30 and I have to grab my trailer.



6:37 am
I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew, it seems to be a habit of mine.

Lets see, an Enzo weighs about 2800lbs.
Approximately 660bhp, which translates to 5XX whp and a top speed of over 200 mph.

Hmmmmm.......I can't drive worth dog poop.
Crap, I'm calling Racer Rob up!!!

I'm off to grab my trailer folks, i'll post through out the day, evening, night, morning, dinner, junk food, red bull etc....



8:45 am
Racer Rob met me at the shop. Were on the road. I5 is super windy. Lucky for us Grapeman is lending us his trailer.
I'm filled up with red bull and power bars!!!






Chris packed up tools and William will deliver them to the track in the morning.



9:48 am
Rob just drank two red bulls, he's gonna crash later.

Were going over our strategy. I wish I had a front lip now.



10:23 am
Pit stop.
Gas, vitamin water, water, m&m, gum (extra long lasting flavor), sour crawlers and asprin.
It smells like cow pucky here.
Were making good ground and averaging 85mph.



11:40 am
Almost at the Grapevine. Making great time!!!
La traffic back north is going to be painful.



12:28 pm
1 hour to darth vader.

90mph.



12:43 pm
Camera batteries are charged, right?


1:57 pm
We have DV on the trailer!!!
Thanks Grapeman for meeting is during your busy afternoon!



2:34 pm
We are staying ahead of the traffic and keeping our fingers crossed.
I'm starving!!!!!!!!someone pass me a burger!!!!






I won't have enough tools to do anything, so I hope dv makes it just enough to accomplish our goals.



2:40 pm
I think we're getting bored.
Ron is humming rap songs, while I do the beats!

It looks like traffic ahead, but it's moving.






Darn truck in front of won't move and we almost missed the turn off.

Here was the reason for the traffic.









2:50 pm
Rob's on 4 redbulls, life savers and sour power worms.
It's a good day!

People keep dive bombing the trailer!!!!!

Here comes the heavy metal songs from his mp3 player!!!!



4:14 pm
Pulled over by chp.
4:26 pm
He let us go.....NOT!!!!
state budget crisis needs funding.








4:49 pm
Pit stop.
Pissed off about the ticket!
fuel, soda and throw out garbage.


5:03 pm
Huhhh..... Took a nap.... Feel better....10 minutes does wonders.
Falling asleep again......Hoover need pillow.......

Ready to get back on the road!





Between 5:03 and 7:18 pm ;)
The sun is going down. We listened to oldies: EWF, Stevie, jacksons,
Isley brothers, etc..... I'm somewhat numb and Ron is doing great.
All the candy is gone and were left with one bottle of water and half
bottle of vitamin water.

Were not even close to being there!!!!!
Half the asprin is gone as well.

Lots of waves on the freeway, but we just keep going.

I'm playing out in my pee brain what will happen tomorrow.....








7:18 pm
Rob and I realized that we're not too bright to try and do this, but we progress.

The big rig lights are really neat and somewhat hypnotic. Rob slapped me in the chest and wanted me to snap out of my trance.

The support is awesome and we thank everyone!!!!!!!

There's a huge head wind and we need fuel again.

I apologized to Rob for the short notice and asked what he wants me to do to dv. He said well be fine. With all the messed up cars we've driven, we're in good shape.



8:18 pm
No more vitamin water and the last two life savers are gone.
We are near the shop.

I think it best to get some sleep, wake up early and head out.

See you all tomorrow!!!







Too be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment